The linux kernel I am using is ( I am using Ubunto 6.06):
Linux stingray 2.6.15-25-386 #1 PREEMPT Wed Jun 14 11:25:49 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
The compiler I am using is ( g++ -v):
gcc version 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)
Another good thing to have is e.g. the NDBAPI documentation.
For this I will use MySQL 5.0.22, but the steps are the same for 5.1.X
- Download the source distribution of MySQL 5.0.22
- tar xvfz mysql-5.0.22.tar.gz
- cd mysql-5.0.22
- ./configure --with-ndbcluster --with-ndb-docs
- cd ndb/docs (in 5.1.X it is 'storage/ndb/docs')
You will also get the documentation for the management api (mgmapi), but it will be covered later here.
Finally, I download the binary distribution of MySQL 5.0.22 and:
- cd /home/johan
- tar xvfz mysql-max-5.0.22-linux-i686-glibc23.tar.gz
- ln -s mysql-max-5.0.22-linux-i686-glibc23 mysql
mysql/include, mysql/include/ndb and mysql/include/ndb/ndbapi
Libraries are located in:
Alright, I think we are good to go and continue with some examples. First of all how to connect an application to MySQL Cluster.