See below how to upgrade when using the Configurator.
7.0.8 contains a number of fixes in almost every area and you are recommended to upgrade if you experience problems with earlier version(s). Especially if you have encountered the "error 306" problem.
The Configurator v2.9 has been updated to use this version.
If you are already using the Configurator and build from source you can upgrade from MySQL Cluster 7.0.7 to 7.0.8 (and you are recommended to upgrade because of the following changes/fixes) in four steps. Here is how:
1. run the upgrade-707-to-708-src.sh script (put it in install/ and chmod u+x ./upgrade-707-to-708-src.sh):
[cluster01]# pwd2. run the script download-and-compile.sh
[cluster01]# chmod u+x ./upgrade-707-to-708-src.sh
done - now run ./download-and-compile.sh
[cluster01]# ./download-and-compile.sh(the 'downloaded binary' should really read 'Copied binary').
After some time it will finish compiling:
Removing temporary directory
Downloaded binary distribution to ../../repo
3. When you get prompted with the following question answer 'y' (yes):
Do you want to install the binaries on the hosts nowImportant! Do not run the the bootstrap.sh script!!
(else run 'install-cluster.sh' later)? (y/n):y
4. change directory to the scripts/ to directory and run the ./rolling-restart.sh script
[cluster01]# pwdThis in an online procedure so it requires no downtime of the Cluster.
If you are using binary distributions then you have to wait, because they are not ready yet.
Ps - Configurator 2.9 (released 2nd of September 2009) contains some minor fixes:
- Adding of [mysqld] slot for administration purposes
- ./start-backup now backup the configuration files (config.ini, my.cnf and some internal files) as well.